Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Optimism vs. Thankful

Optimism seems to be in short supply over here some days. Optimism and hope kinda go hand in hand. Over the last two years, every time I have been hopeful, hope has been dashed.
It is hard to keep going through that and still be optimistic.

So instead of writing about things I am optimistic about, I am going to write about things I am thankful for.

I am so thankful for the sun that is shining. The sun provides me with warmth and strength. It signals to be that - perhaps- better days will come, just as it is signals that harshness of the winter is over, and the spring brings new opportunities with it.

I am thankful, each and every day for my kids. They too, are like the sun, full of energy and warmth. They bring me joy and love each and every day.

I am thankful for my mom, who is always there for me. Like the sun rises after a long, dark night, she is my constant and steadying force. She gives me strength, love and lots of room to grow.

I am thankful for me. I am grateful that when I feel empty and lost, there is always that spark that rekindles me, keeps me going and reminds me how strong I am.

2 comments:

ArtcTrish said...

Very well put. We should all take time to think about what we are thankful for.

Meg said...

I love this. So well written and the colored words are a wonderful touch. Not to sound like a scrapper or anything, but you need to scrap this! This should be in your family's album!