Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Gifts

Well, first off, I had a very nice Mother's Day. Last year was a really bad one -- for me and my family. Hubby was still quite.....ill... for lack of a better word. I didn't get a card, a gift, nothing from the kids....no special treatment. So this year, just the fact that he was "aware" that it was Mother's Day was a huge plus.
And yes, I got cards from him and my kids. And they also went out shopping and picked up an ipod for me. I am so excited- Now I don't have to keep borrowing his when I am working. And this has *my* music and podcasts on it. But needless to say he didn't really need to spend that much $$. However, I have learned to not complain. Better to have a nice day and an extra credit card bill than not have the day recognized at all.

So now that I sound like a greedy b****- I have to say one of the best parts of the day was getting to spend it with my new extended family. My brother's fiancee's family had us up for a local brunch, then we went back to their house for cake and coffee. The families are blending so nicely and I am so thrilled that my brother found a great person to spend his life with.

So my kids were happy, hubby was good about spending the day with the new family and my hubby recognized how much I need him to let me know he cares. That was what made it a happy mother's day.

6 comments:

Meg said...

I don't think you sound greedy at all. I appreciate the attention, and yes, the gifts, on Mother's Day! How often do we do things for the rest of our family that aren't recognized (uh, the dishes, the laundry, the vacuuming, the shopping...) and how often do we pass up that cool new toy so that our child or hubby can have something new?

Okay, sorry for the rant, lol! I figure one day a year ain't too much to ask! Glad you had a good day for all the right reasons!

loonyhiker said...

I love my IPOD and hope you enjoy yours! Aren't hubbys wonderful! Glad you have a good one!

Glynis said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day! And lucky you, getting an iPod!

Karen said...

Sounds like you have your share of difficulties in your life Faerywings, so it's extra pleasing that you had such a good Mothers Day.

heather said...

Yay the iPod. You deserve the extra $$ spent. Glad you got some special treatment on Mothers' Day :)

ArtcTrish said...

I don't think you sound greedy at all!!!! You deserve a great Mother's day! And enjoy the iPod, I LOOOOVE mine!