Thursday, July 20, 2006

Proposal = Happy Tears

How were you proposed to? (if not yet married, how would you like to be proposed to?) And did you like your proposal, if you could choose one , what would you like to have happened?

The way hubby proposed to me was really sweet. We had been talking about getting married from the time we were together for only a few months. He was the guy that I met at a party I shouldn't have been at- looked at him and said, that is the man I am going to marry. We were together for 5 months at Christmas time, when he gave me a "pre" engagement ring. At about 8 months or so, we started looking at ring style ideas. His dad's best friend was a jeweler so Gary really wanted to help design and make the ring, which he did. However, as our one year anniversary got closer, he kept telling me that the ring wasn't going to be ready by then, as we had planned.

So our one year anniversary hits, and we had plans to go to the restaurant where we had our first date- (I even requested the same table which was a crappy little one by the support beam pole, got weird looks from the waitress at that request-). As he was picking me up at my house, my mom said how pissy I looked. Well, I was pissy! I was hoping to get engaged, and it wasn't happening.

So we get to the pub. And while we are waiting for our dinner, he hands me a card(one of the few mushy cards I ever got from him LOL) and is says how much he loves me. He signs is "All you have to do is say yes." Confused, I say Yes?
And out pops a little black velvet box with my ring in it. I Was jumping up and down and crying and laughing. The bartender sent over some beers in honor of the moment.

It was exactly as I had hoped. Happy, tearful and surprised!

9 comments:

Glynis said...

Awww...how romantic! I'm having so much fun reading these stories :)

Gabby Faye said...

Yes! What glynisb said...Awwwwww

debra said...

So funny... you were "pissy" and then he "gotcha!"... very romantic and sweet!

Unknown said...

Fooled you, didn't he? How wonderful for you both.

Meg said...

Oh, I'm crying again!! I love that he was able to surprise you! What a great man!

Bonnie said...

That is a sweet story! How cute to have something so fun and romantic to recall! The bartender should of sent over champagne not beer though! (hee )

heather said...

That's a lovely story :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

what a great story. I love how he surprised you with the ring.

loonyhiker said...

This was so romantic! And I bet you are sorry you didn't listen to your mother!!!