Monday, July 03, 2006

A Poem!?!????

So this is the day I decide that I am going to get back to blogging... and Meg wants us to write a poem?? *gasps and faints away*

OK, lets see...
There once was a man from Nantucket....

Nah, I guess that is not very appropriate.

Silly grins
Sticky chins
Sandy feet
In summer heat

Catching bugs
Soggy hugs
Collecting snails
In plastic pails

Setting sun
The day is done.
Time to cheer
and drink cold beer!

Ok, so I'll never win an award, but hopefully I made someone reading this smile.

12 comments:

CompooperTeacher said...

Yep . . . you made me smile. As I said to Bonnie, I can't wait to see this in a layout!

Unknown said...

Big, big smile. Another one worthy of scrapping. I can see using this on a beach page or summer page.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

wonderful poem

Bonnie said...

I agree, a layout with this poem will be sooooo cute. It is a lovely poem and I could visualise everything you wrote about! Simple but very very good!!

Lori said...

how cute! you did a great job!

loonyhiker said...

You made me smile!

Glynis said...

Very cute! Love it! And glad you're back!!

Gabby Faye said...

What fun! You did a nice "Summer in a nutshell" poem!

Tiffani said...

Great job! Very cool and summery...

heather said...

Welcome back! What a perfect summer poem - nice one!!

Anonymous said...

I love it - really captures summer :)

Meg said...

Oh I love this!!! You have to use it sometime, it perfectly captures summer life with a family!