Monday, June 12, 2006

My Internet Homes

I used to have a fun internet life. Eight years ago I was in a pregnancy community, then the "playgroup" after our babies were born. I made some wonderful and close freinds from all over the world. Even though we haven't "talked" in years, I sitll think of them often. We all helped each other through good and not so good times with our kids and husbands- and some ex'es as well.

Then five years ago, I become a member of a spiritual new-age-y board. it was very small and intimate and we lots of fun there. I became a mod, a teacher, and a writing for its online magazine. Now, it has become so large, I feel lost there. I guess 20,000 members will do that to a forum.

Now, I am more of a "poker." I poke around, here and there. I look for digi-scrap sites (like DSP!), some knitting and crocheting sites, recipes (allrecipes.com) and reward sites, Like myPoints.

It is funny in a way- I feel the same in my real life. Kind of a poker. Feeling a bit lost and looking for somewhere to belong. But not sure if I'd rather belong or be alone.

I have one additional home, my online business, Faery-wings Apothecary. I am a certified aromatherapist and make all natuyral bath and body care, all natural pet care, faery dusts and glitters, and custome made faery-wings to wear. I also do birthday parties for kids!
http://www.faery-wings.com

Stop by!

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Wow! Sounds like you have it all together! I've looked at homeopathic remedies for my hiking ills and use things like arnica for my bruises and sores. I eat a lot of local honey to help my allergies. As for a groupie or a loner, I like you just the way you are!

Karen said...

I'm a bit of a drifter myself. I think that helps to make us well rounded people Faerywings.

Andrea said...

I think for a while we all feel like we belong, then we go thru another phase where we are on teh search again.

I know for myself I'm in the middle of that search again

happy "poking"

Gabby Faye said...

I just had to go look at your site. With this large mound of lavender and a thicket of lemon mint and sage, I am all into finding a way to use them. I know enough to harvest the lavender for sachets and baths, and use the sage at Thanksgiving. The rest I hope to learn at your site.