Thursday, June 08, 2006

Childhood Books

I grew up in a "Reading House." My grandmother loved to read. We used to joke that we could sit her on the sofa with a book and a beer and we wouldn't hear a peep from her all day. But we never did that because she was always making us laugh with her silly songs and stories too. My mother loves to read, and I would rather read than do many other things. My kids love to read and I am thrilled by that. I had written in someone's comments how if you know and like to read, you can do anything in the world that you want.

As for my favorite childhood books:
  • Raggedy Ann and Andy Thank You, Please, I love You Book.
  • Nancy Drew- and when I could scam them from my brother- The Hardy Boys
  • Richard Scarry
  • Judy Blume books
  • Beverly Cleary
  • Gone With the Wind (yes, that is whenI was older, but I love it!)
My mom also took us to the library to get a book called "No Fighting, No Biting" about sibs that squabble. My kids now have that too- not that it keeps them from squabbling any more thanit did me and my brother. LOL

Even though I might not have passed on the particular books I read, I am so happy that my kids love to read. And they share books with me too, like the Harry Potters, Lemony Snicket, and Eragon.

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

No fighting no biting can probably be recited word for word by my six oldest kids...its been read that many times...and they STILL squabble!