Thursday, January 25, 2007

Between the ages of 5 and 10, what was your favorite activity?

Oh so long ago! Lets see what I can remember from back then.
Freeze tag, catching fireflies, reading, swimming, barbies, cooking or pretending to cook. Crafts. Making lotions and potions.

I can't really think of one favorite activity. But I have to say that my list reflects many of the same interests that I have today as an adult. I can live without Barbies and freeze tag, but most of the other activities I still do, including "pretending to cook." Hahaha!
The fireflies- I still love to be outdoors in the summer, watching the fireflies, or the bats. And over the years of having a "bug happy" son, even worms and spiders don't bother me all that much.

Reading is a great pleasure of mine, and I could spend hours at the library or bookstore.

Swimming- I don't really swim strokes/laps at all anymore, but my kids and I practically live at our local beach in the summer. And Last season, I swam with my son all the way out to the dock, then jumped off the diving board with my DD! Yikes, am I too old for all that? Yes! I am.

I still enjoy cooking, when I have the time. But I don't enjoy the mess, nor the "but I don't like this" whine that I get from my kids. And when I was a kid, my pretending to cook was along the lines of mud pies, nowadays, my pretending to cook is dumping a box of chicken nuggets on a cookie sheet and throwing some instant mashed potatoes in the micro.

Lotions and potions- still going strong with that one in my aromatherapy business.

Some days, I must seem like a kid all over again.
(ha ha- for some strange reason-- I don't *feel* like a kid however!)



3 comments:

Michelle said...

neat list! you sound like a busy kid...glad you gave up the barbies-that might be a little weird! ROFL!

loonyhiker said...

If you ever go to the Smoky Mountains National Park in June, the fireflies "migrate" at this time and thousands of people flock to a certain spot and wait for them to come out. It is really magical.

carin.c said...

Oooohhh I want to go see the fireflies!!! I've been thinking about aromatherapy lately and how I'd like to investigate it some more.