Tuesday, August 08, 2006

In Laws? Outlaws?

How did you first meet your in-laws? Impressions?


Ye gods, when I first met my InLaws, I was so intimidated by them, especially by his mom. Looking back, I don't really know why, but I was. Perhaps it was because I knew from the very beginning that he was The One. I felt that his dad liked me, but Mom, I simply could not read her.

Here is is 16 years later and I am so blessed to have them in my family. I work for my MIL- kind of like her personal assistant. I clean her house, work on her accounting- odd jobs here and there. I have a flexible schedule and can work at home on occasion. It is just one day a week, but every little bit helps. She pays well and we have a lot of fun together too.

My FIL has been a godsend over the last two years while hubby was sick. He has helped in so many ways.

I know too many people who don't get along with their parents and/or their IL's. I am so incredibly fortunate to have wonderful relationships with both.

PS: That is not to say they are perfect or calm! Not at all! But heartfelt. And that is what really matters.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You are blessed to have such nice IL's and your MIL sounds like a lot of fun.