Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ummm, maybe I should do this one later....

If you procrastinate, what is your most popular excuse
and why?


My procrastination ties into my perfectionism. I want it to be perfect. So if I want to make a special dinner, I want to wait until the house is clean, and everyone is happy. (no they don't ever seem to happen at the same time.

Or I want to be able to have "enough" time. When I paper scrapped I "had to have" at least a few hours, I couldn't just pull out a few things and squeeze in a bit here and there. And that mentality goes for many things in my life. This is hard because due to my schedule- kids, bus stop runs, errands, working, karate, gymnastics,etc-- there are very few decent chunks of time in my life. (Which is a huge reason I love to digi-scrap!)
It makes it "easy" to procrastinate because it seems like never enough time to get started, let alone finished.
And for the record, I started this one yesterday morning and here I am, finishing it up today. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time is always a issue, but at least you know with RE to perfection, that when you have done something, you have done it properly and the way you like it. I feel like you do sometimes! I am too, a bit of a perfectionist! Nice to see you back here!

carin.c said...

You hit the other nail on the head - most procrastinate on things they don't want to do which is true for me too, but I also procrastinate about things I'd love to do because I want it to be PERFECT! Then whatever it is becomes so overwhelming to "do it right" that I keep putting it off. I'm trying to not be so perfect lately.

Unknown said...

I believe we all feel like what is the point if it isn't going to be just so. But then I wonder how many 'perfect' things we have missed because of the way they would have turned out. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacey you can make procrastination work for you. I'm an Olympic standard procrastinator (I'm checking out blogs right now instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing). I wrote a post on Procrastination as a Productivity Tool. you might like to check it out.